Custom Air, Inc.

Rated 4.9 out of 265 reviews

Furnaces

We're Professional
and Affordable
FINANCING
Furnaces2018-07-05T18:41:42+00:00

Experience the Cozy Heat of an Efficient New Furnace

A more traditional heating option, a furnace is a central heating unit that keeps your space warm through heating and distributing warm air through ductwork. Some people may think of furnaces as loud, clunky, energy-sucking juggernauts unable to keep up with today’s standards. This just isn’t true about furnaces today. There are many good reasons to choose a furnace to heat your commercial or residential space.

We Never Close & We’re Always Available

24 Hours A Day
7 Days A Week
365 Days A Year

Schedule

What is a Furnace?

One of the most common heating system types around, a furnace is built solely to heat air and distribute it through ductwork into the home or office space. Nothing overly complicated about it, and today’s furnaces do their job really well. In general, the different types of furnaces available include:

  • Gas Furnace – natural gas or propane is consumed through combustion, using a pilot light as the ignition, to heat the air and then force it into the conditioned space.

  • Electric Furnace – using an electric ignition instead of a pilot light, it uses less fuel and costs less to run.

  • Central Warm-Air Furnace – centrally located within the building, it can be powered by either gas or electricity to warm and distribute the conditioned air.

  • Steam or Hot Water System – heats and distributes water or steam through pipes, instead of air through ductwork.

Modern Furnace Efficiency

Furnace technology has advanced so much that if your unit is over 10 years old, a replacement may be recommended. The efficiency of a furnace is measured in its annual fuel utilization efficiency, or AFUE. This is how much fuel a furnace will convert into heat over the course of one year.

For example, 20 years ago a typical furnace had an AFUE of 65, meaning that it transformed 65% of its fuel into heat, and lost the other 35% elsewhere. The average furnace today has an AFUE rating of 80 or higher, making it significantly more efficient and effective at heating your space.

Call Us Today:
336-390-4850

According to Piedmont Natural Gas, switching to one of these high-efficiency furnaces can save you up to $1,200 per year in energy bills. You can even earn rebates of $175 to $225 for installing the highest efficiency furnaces.

Natural Gas ApplianceRebate AmountQualifying ModelsRebate FormBuying

Guidance from

ENERGY STAR®

Furnace$175**AFUE=90% to 94.9%Rebate formFurnace facts
Furnace$225**AFUE=95% or higherRebate formFurnace facts

Are you ready to save money with a new furnace? Contact our expert technicians in Greensboro today at 336-390-4850.

(336) 656-9900

Custom Air, Inc.